Dunkeld Cottage - Chocolate Box Cottage close to the Lake District!
Welcome to Dunkeld Cottage - our quaint Chocolate Box Cottage which is within easy reach of the Lake District and nestled at the foot of the Pennines!
At a Glance:
- Detached Character Cottage within easy reach of the Lake District and at the Foot of the Pennines
- Two Large Double Bedrooms
- Superb Kitchen/Breakfast Room with Full Appliances
- Spacious Living/Dining Room with Stunning Period Feature Fireplace
- Bathroom with Bath and Shower Over
- Character Beams and Original Features
- Fully Enclosed Rear Garden with Seating/Dining Area
- Shed - Ideal for Bike Storage
- Fast Fibre Optic Broadband / WiFi
- Competitively Priced - Enjoy a Holiday in the Lake District without Breaking the Bank!
The cottage features stunning beams and original period features throughout, with everything thought of to make your stay a comfortable, relaxing one! The kitchen/breakfast room is particularly spacious and has pretty views over the garden. Appliances include; integral dishwasher, fridge/freezer, washing machine, tumble dryer, hob, double oven, microwave and slow cooker. Oh, and some cookery books so you can get creative!
There is a spacious and cosy lounge which features a truly stunning real fireplace, comfy sofas and TV. This room is open plan and at the other end features a bookcase and a desk with lots of information on the local area - including magazines and walking guides.
On the first floor, there are two double bedrooms - the master bedroom features a super-comfy, super king bed - or it can be turned into two single beds. The second bedroom has a double bed and both bedrooms have wardrobes and chest of drawers - providing ample storage for your clothes and possessions. The bathroom has a cosy bath - ideal for a bubbly soaking after a long Lake District walk – and a shower attachment over.
The garden is fully enclosed and very private – ideal for children and pets to run around securely! There is generous outside seating, so it's lovely to sit outside on a nice day and soak up some sun and tranquillity! We also offer guests the use of a shed - providing lots of space for bikes and other items you may want to bring with you.
The cottage is situated within a short walk of a Michelin-listed bistro, plus a village shop and post office. Delightful walks along the River Eden lead you to two lovely English pubs and around a 15-minute drive brings you to the Lake District.
The cottage comes with excellent WiFi and we are happy to say we are pet-friendly!